Friday, May 12, 2023

Friday, 5/12

I can't believe I couldn't find one anywhere.

First of all, thanks for allowing me to skip a day yesterday so I could take care of a little business. Now that I'm back, allow me to tell you a little story, one that actually started Monday night when I walked in to do my weekly TV gig. Ariane was putting together a collage of staff members and their mothers for Mothers Day, and wondered if I had a picture of me and my dear mom. I didn't on my phone, and told her I'd check when I got home that night, because I was sure I must have had one somewhere.

Well, guess what I didn't have?

Seriously; I have a ton of pictures of me & Loraine. I have almost as many pictures of me and my various nieces and nephews. I even have a bunch of pictures of me & my dad. But do you think I had even one picture of just me & my mom, at least one taken this century?

I think you know the answer to that.

Thankfully, my parents got back from Florida earlier this week. So just in time for Mothers Day, guess what I got?



It's like a Mother's Day gift, except it's from my mom, instead of for her. And you better believe it's now part of the station's collage for the weekend.

So for the picture, Mom, and for everything else you've done over lo these many decades, thanks a bunch. You are, by my estimation, the greatest mom in the history of moms. There's no question about that.

8-)

Have a great weekend, everyone. If you can, make sure you celebrate with YOUR mom!

(jim@wmqt.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment