Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Tuesday, 6/16


Sometimes, you gotta wonder.

Loraine had to break open a new curling iron over the weekend and I, for some reason, felt possessed to read the instruction guide that went with it. It’s like many different instruction guides, telling you how to operate the curling iron, and how to use it best to style your hair (although I’m thinking that if you bought a curling iron, you already know how to style your hair, right?) The instruction guide, like many instruction guides, also tells you what you should and should not do with your curling iron. And that’s where it got weird.

In the instruction guide was a list of things you should never do with your curling iron. It’s was number nine that caught my attention, a rule that said, and I quote, “Never use your curling iron while sleeping”.

Now, I don’t know about you, but I wasn’t aware that using a curling iron while sleeping was a problem. Admittedly, I’ve never used a curling iron, so I checked with Loraine and a half-dozen female friends, and all seven of them say they've never used a curling iron while sleeping. Four of them wondered exactly how you COULD use a curling iron while sleeping, while the other three looked at me like I was insane just for wondering.

Well, I was curious!!

I’m almost afraid to ask the reason why the people who wrote the instruction guide had to include the instructions “Never use while sleeping”, but I’m guessing that there probably WAS an incident once where someone tried to use the curling iron while sleeping (although how, I have no idea), injured themselves, and ended up having their lawyers contact the lawyers for the curling iron company.

You can probably guess what happened after that.

So now you know. When you’re working on your hair tomorrow, make sure that you don't do it while sleeping. Apparently, it’s hazardous, it’s a huge problem, and it can cause danger and/or bodily harm to you. And we wouldn’t want THAT to happen, right?

Geez.




No comments:

Post a Comment