Friday, June 12, 2020

Friday, 6/12


Hmmm. I wonder how the math's gonna work out on this one?

As you know, our trip to Germany was cancelled a month and a half ago. As you know, there's a better than average chance that our upcoming trip to France will go bye-bye, as well. Because of that, I have almost 20 vacation days that I may need to use between now and September 6th, which is when my work anniversary rolls around, the date by which I need to use those days because I then get a whole new batch of them.

Hmmm.

There are 12 weeks left during which I can use those vacation days. I could take a day and a half a week. I could take a half day three days a week. I could I could take four day weekends for ten of those weeks. Heck; I could even take three whole weeks off and have a few days to spare.

But then there's the problem.

I've written about “the problem” in here before, about how it seems like I have to work almost a day ahead to take a day off, a problem compounded these days because I'm the only one here and have to do, you know, everything. Thankfully, I had worked ahead to get ready for Germany, just on the slim chance that we would get to go, and I've continued trying to work ahead just in case we get the chance to go to France, so part of that wouldn't be a problem. However, there is a bunch of topical stuff that needs to get done on a daily basis, and that's stuff that's really hard to do ahead of time.

Hmmm.

At the moment, I have no idea what I'm going to do and how it's going to work out. Part of it all depends upon whether or not we go to France, and if that's like Germany we may not know until a couple of weeks beforehand. But if I seem to disappear off the face of the Earth for a couple of days or even a week at a time, you now know why.

I have my vacation days to use up.

On that note, have yourself a great weekend. And even though I can't believe I'm having to say this in the middle of June...stay warm!

Sigh...



No comments:

Post a Comment