Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Wednesday, 2/8

It's looks like Jeremy's gonna be okay after all.

Some of you may remember the story of Loraine's nephew Jeremy; 3 and a half years ago he was diagnosed with A.L.L., which is a form of childhood leukemia. It's a form of childhood leukemia from which most people who have it recover, but that recovery involves almost three years of treatments, chemotherapy, and monthly doctor visits. Yesterday, Jeremy had his final visit, and his sister Katrina then posted this picture on Facebook--



After over three years of monthly visits to the U-M Children's Hospital, where he received his treatment, Jeremy's been given the all clear. Thankfully, the leukemia is gone.

Yay!

I can't imagine what he's gone through the past few years. I mean, can you imagine being a 12 or 13-year old, being told that you have a potentially fatal disease, and that the next three years of your life will be taken up fighting it? I know I can't. Yet he's come through the past three years in great shape, with good humor and an abiding love of “Star Wars”, which I guess are two amazing things to have in a battle like this. Now, he gets to resume the guise of a normal teenager and get on with his life.

And, hopefully, not drive his dad (Loraine's brother) TOO insane.

*****

In all the babbling about my black eye the past few days, I forgot to answer a note I received from daily blog reader Renee of Marquette Monday, who wanted to know how I was handling the outcome of the Stupor Bowl Sunday, If you recall, Friday I wrote I was looking forward to watching the Patriots lose, and Renee just wanted to know how the evening went.

Well, Renee, it went. And that's all I'm gonna say about that. Although you might be happy to know I'm down to crying just two or three hours a day now.

8-)


No comments:

Post a Comment