Friday, February 24, 2017

Friday, 2/24

Have I mentioned what I'm doing four weeks from tomorrow? For the first time in an eternity, I'm going on spring break.

Well, I don't know if you consider a four-day jaunt “spring break”, but I'm taking advantage of way too many airline miles I've stacked up going back and forth to Europe to hop down to Florida to visit my parents for a few days. I'm leaving on a Saturday and flying back on a Tuesday, so I don't know if you'd consider that an official spring “break”, but that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Besides, it's costing me a whole $11 to fly down there and back. I'm not gonna complain about it too much!

I was hoping to accomplish three things by going down there, but one of them was rendered almost moot by the sun & warm weather we had here last weekend. Still, though, I'm guessing whatever the weather in Florida is like the last weekend in March will be much better than the weather we have here the last weekend in March, although these days, you never know.

So that's one thing I'm hoping to do. The second is to visit the Kennedy Space Center for the first time in, like, 13 or 14 years. Last time I went down there I was able to combine a visit with a shuttle launch, but seeing as how there aren't any launches scheduled for my short visit, I'll just have to make do with all the other stuff I can see (and geek out over) down there.

I'm thinking I won't be disappointed.

Thirdly, and most importantly, I'll be able to spend a few days with Chicky-Poo and Dar. So even if the weather wasn't gonna be warm and the Space Center was gonna be closed, I'd still hightail it down there for a few days. The sun & the rockets are just bonuses.

That's what I'm doing four weekends from now, if you're interested. This weekend I'm just planning on standing outside and cursing the fact that it's not a sunny & 64 degree February weekend like it was last weekend. Hope your weekend is just as productive!

8-)




(ps—I had the chance to interview a Marquette woman who'll be on the red carpet at the Oscars Sunday. Take a listen to her amazing story by clicking here)!

No comments:

Post a Comment