Monday, February 13, 2017

Monday, 2/13

All I need is a billion dollars and I'm good to go.

Friday at the taping of “High School Bowl” one of the teams (I won't mention which one in case you're watching and don't wanna know who's moved on to the next round) showed up with buttons attached to their clothing. They gave me one, too, and it made me laugh--



Sorry for the quality of the picture; phones just don't do things justice.  But when I asked why, they say my communications skills were the main reason, which made me laugh because as anyone who listens knows I don't always have the best of those skills. But like I told them, give me a billion dollars to run a real campaign and I'm in. I don't know that I'd win, because I'm probably too nice of a guy, but I'd give it my best shot.

Jim 2020. I'm gonna go have to register the domain name for the website when I finish typing this, aren't I?

It's funny, because the “High School Bowl” members aren't the first person to tell me I should run for President. Nope; in France last summer, our friend Theirry (hi, Theirry!), not happy with who was running to lead this country, opined that I would be the perfect candidate. I told him I needed the aforementioned billion dollars to run, but he didn't seem to think that would be much of a problem.

Unfortunately, it would be kind of a big problem. Just one of, what, 22 million different problems for anyone considering a run?

Don't worry; even in my wildest dreams I wouldn't even consider it. I don't think I'm ruthless enough, tough enough, or demented enough to even be in the top 10,000 candidates for the office. But I do find it funny that several different people on several different continents think I would be good at it, even though they don't know where I stand on the issues or how effective of a President I would be. But maybe I shouldn't be too surprised. Like I said,I'm too nice of a guy to hold the office, but maybe (just maybe) that's what people are looking for in a leader right now. Maybe they're just so sick of whatever it is we've had for the past month that they're already looking for something else.

Maybe a nice guy (or nice girl) has a leg up for 2020. So who knows...maybe I SHOULD start on raising that billion dollars.

On second thought, no. Nope. Not gonna do it. Even on my best day, I don't think I'm masochistic enough to run for any kind of office. So sorry, everyone. You'll have to find another nice girl (or guy) who wants the job. Rest assured, though...I WILL endorse them on jim2020.com!

8-)





(ps—when I asked the kids who put the button together where they got the picture, they said they found it in Google Images. I'm on Google Images? Now THAT'S a scary thought!)

No comments:

Post a Comment