Friday, February 3, 2017

Friday, 2/3

This should be a really, really good weekend. After all, I don't have to do ANYTHING, except watch the New England Patriots get their butts handed to them.

After everything that's gone on the past few weekends this weekend will be a welcome change. No presentations, no ski race announcing, no appearances, no nothing. The highlight of my weekend, in fact, aside from watching the Stupor Bowl, may be doing a couple of loads of laundry. Oh, although if I do get ambitious I might walk down to the library for a couple of minutes and look through a couple of old city directories as part of one of the History Center programs I'm putting together for this summer.

But that's only if I feel ambitious.

It's gonna be a weird feeling, this not having anything to do for two days. I mean I had a three-day weekend the first weekend of the year, and since then it's been pretty much non-stop. Hopefully, I won't have to remember to learn how to relax. Hopefully, buried deep inside my somewhat bizarre psyche I have the mental muscle memory to remember how to do it. If not, I'll just be wandering around our apartment all weekend, thinking I'm supposed to be doing something and driving Loraine insane in the process. And since I don't wanna get beat up by my dear wife, I'm hoping I'll remember how to relax.

So keep your fingers crossed about that!

In fact, the one thing that's on my schedule is a birthday dinner at Aubree's tonight, as my youngest niece Sydney turns (gulp) 18 this weekend. Syd, who's on the Marquette High School dance team and is getting ready to following in her uncle's footsteps by going to Michigan State this fall, is actually the person who introduced me to what is now one of my favorite pizzas at Aubree's—the Margherita—so I get to share a pie with her tonight.

Happy (almost) biurthday, Syd!!

So with that, I supposed I should head over to NMU and get ready to go. Have yourself a great weekend; I hope you have a few minutes in it to relax, as well. And even though I'm not a fan and I don't know much about the team, go Falcons!


(jim@wmqt.com), Colts fan and, therefore, despiser of the Patriots.

No comments:

Post a Comment