Monday, March 6, 2023

Monday, 3/6

 If you squint hard enough, you can almost believe it's Spring.

Hope you had a great weekend.  The weather actually didn't suck up here, as it has the past ten or so days, so Loraine suggested that we take our cameras out Saturday just to see what we could see.  When she went running that morning she had noticed weird chunks of ice floating on our still-unfrozen lake, so she wanted to take pictures of them.

Which I did.


Loraine calls it "saucer ice", because it looks like a saucer you might have when you're a kid and you want to go sledding.  And while the lake itself isn't frozen, you still do get to see the icy power that winter has over it.


Now, here's something I would never do, despite the fact that I spend my summers playing on it, and that's tempting the icy power of Lake Superior by going for a stroll on the breakwater--


Once again, just let me say--kids, don't try that at home!

Elsewhere, we saw a few landmarks...

Because it was sunny and above freezing and in Marquette, we saw someone running through the snow in shorts...


We also saw another favored location for some of the homeless we discussed last week--


And I just had fun playing with my camera, something I've not had the chance to do a lot of recently--




Good thing we got our and enjoyed the sun, too, as the next few days promise either rain or snow or rain and snow.  Or, as we refer to it around here, March.

Yay, he says sarcastically.

8-)

(jim@wmqt.com)


No comments:

Post a Comment