Thursday, March 9, 2023

Thursday, 3/9

Well, that was...interesting. And apparently successful, too. Wanna see?


“The Greasier the Spoon” did indeed have its planetary premiere last night, and as I wrote yesterday I had no idea at all as to how it would go over. But, it seems to have gone over quite well, based on the smiles from the people watching it and all the nice comments and stories that were shared with me afterward. I've been working on this on & off for the past three years, and it really is gratifying to see that all that work has paid off, and made an impact on people.

That makes it all worthwhile.

As I mentioned last week I now have a nice chunk of time in which I don't have to do anything out of the ordinary. I mean, I still have my daily radio thing and one of my weekly TV things, but I don't have a big Kaufman show or a big documentary deadline staring my in the face.

I'm still not quite sure how to handle that feeling. I mean, do I dive right into my “Burn Baby Burn—the Infernos of Downtown Marquette” walking tour? Do I maybe start work on another season of those “Pieces of the Past” video shorts? Or do I do something I've rarely done (and, in all honesty, may be incapable of actually doing)--taking a little time off and just relaxing?

That would be a unique way of dealing with this opportunity, wouldn't it?

Thankfully, that's not a decision I have to make right away...if even at all. For now, I can just bask in the glow of the premiere last night, happy that it worked the way I wanted it to, and even happier that it brought out a smile or two, something that's in rare supply for a lot of people these days.

(jim@wmqt.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment