Friday, March 3, 2023

Friday, 3/3

Could it actually be done? Really?

Last night I wrote out a bunch of credits, brought a couple of files together, and rendered (a video term) what should be the final master of “The Greasier the Spoon”. I'll check it out over the weekend, just to make sure I didn't miss anything, and then bring it over to the History Center Monday, a whole two days before its public debut.

Now what will I do with every single second of my spare time?

8-)

It is actually a bit strange; I've been working on this almost non-stop for a month and a half, and then suddenly realized last night that I had nothing more to do. I don't know how it snuck up on me; you'd think I would have been paying attention to something like that. But, maybe, “MacArthur Park” was occupying too much space in my brain and I just didn't realize it.

Wouldn't be the first time THAT happened.

I've been writing in here about just how many things I've had to tackle since the beginning of the year; now that this is done, I really don't have much to do for a couple of months. Oh, sure, I have my weekly TV gig on 19 News and whatever I have to do for radio, but with “High School Bowl” finished for the season and my next History Center adventure not until the beginning of July (a walking tour entitled “Burn Baby Burn: the Infernos of Downtown Marquette”). I might actually have time to, I dunno, breathe

I'm not quite sure how to handle that. So, if you would, send kind thoughts my way. I'm thinking I might need them.

On that note, have yourself a great weekend. Me? I'm thinking I might have to discover what to do with those few new spare hours in my life!

(jim@wmqt.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment