Thursday, January 5, 2023

Thursday, 1/5

If I'm still alive by the end of the month, I'll consider that a success.

January is shaping up to be one of those months that I get every so often, a month so packed full of stuff that I don't often get a chance to breath.  In no particular order, I have...

Four episodes of "High School Bowl" to shoot.

Five "Life in the 906"s to write and produce.

An end (hopefully) to the ongoing computer transition at work.

A History Center show that Jack & I are doing at Kaufman.

A newspaper article to write about the show Jack & I are doing at Kaufman.

Another show that Jack & I are doing in Big Bay the week before that.

Trying (desperately) to get work finished on my "The Greasier the Spoon" documentary, which I (perhaps foolishly) promised to get done by the beginning of March.

Several dentist and doctor's appointments.

Several meetings for the city boards on which I sit.

Oh--and spending a Saturday announcing at the Noquemanon.

And that's not counting the regular, every day stuff I have in my life, which is sometimes a non-stop thrill ride all of it's own.  I know a couple of years ago I promised that I'd start to learn how to say "no".  Maybe, another one of these days, I should actually learn how to do it.

Sigh.

Hopefully I WILL make it out of the month alive.  Hopefully, I WILL figure out how to manage all this.  Hopefully, I WILL learn how to manage my time and my ability to say no.  I mean, I wouldn't lay any money down betting on it, but you never know.

Miracles do happen, after all.  And maybe one will occur this month letting me get all of this done.  Wish me luck!

8-)

(jim@wmqt.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment