Wednesday, August 3, 2022

Wednesday, 8/3

 No wonder it woke me up.

A couple of hours ago a rather intense thunderstorm rolled through Marquette.  I probably wouldn't have realized it, if it hadn't been strong enough to set off a car alarm at the building next to ours, thereby waking me up, but roll through it did.  And when it let up and I was able to go out running, I noticed a couple of things.

Like, it was so strong that it ripped the siding off a house up the street from mine--


And that it was so strong that it scattered recycling bins put out the previous night here and there--


Although, now that I think about it, that may not have been the thunderstorm's fault.  That may have just been Waste Management doing their usual sterling job of putting things back where they found them.

Thankfully, though, no one was hurt, and as I write this around 9:30 there are just a couple of hundred people around Marquette still without power.  But what began with a car alarm, from the looks of it, could have been a lot, lot worse.

                *****

Speaking of cars, remember how I wrote yesterday that the New England states were mocking me because I hadn't seen any while counting license plates last week, only to see four from Massachusetts in 36 hours?  Well, while out on that post-storm this morning I also (finally) saw one from New Hampshire.

See?  The region really IS mocking me!

8-)

(jim@wmqt.com)


No comments:

Post a Comment