Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Tuesday, 2/22

Happy Twos-day!!

Get it? It's Tuesday? And the date is 2-22-22? Twos-day??

Okay. I'll see myself out.

8-)

I'm sorry; it must be the snow or something getting to me. After a winter last year when we received only a third of our usual snowfall Mother Nature is trying to make up for it this year. We're currently in the middle of a 2-day dump up here where, depending upon where you are, you could see anywhere from six to 26 inches of the white stuff. As I write this it's actually been rather bad here in the city, and once you get out of Marquette, especially in the higher elevation areas, it's even worse.

Much, much, much worse.

For me, at least, there has been a silver lining to all this. A couple of years ago I bought a pair of snowshoes. Because of the lack of snow up here I was only been able to use them a couple of times. But since, oh, January I've been out on them at least once a week. I'll walk over to Park Cemetery, strap them on, and spend the next hour and a half strolling through the drifts & the hills of the cemetery and the Fit Strip. Because I'm walking through all this fresh snow, snow that sees me sink four or six or eight inches with every step I take, I'm drenched in sweat by the time I'm done, and I'm pretty sure I've gotten quite the workout.

And that's cool.

So as long as we have the snow, I guess I'll keep myself entertained. I'd rather not have the snow; I'd rather be drenched in sweat and get my workout by, say, kicking a soccer ball around for an hour and a half. But as long as the snow has decided to return (for this year, at least) I might as well put it to good use.

Now go out and enjoy your Twos-day!!

(jim@wmqt.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment