Friday, February 4, 2022

Friday, 2/4

I can't believe we made it.

I have to keep this somewhat short, because I'm on my way to tape three episodes of “High School Bowl”; in fact, they will be the three final episodes of the year—the semi-finals and the finals.

That's right—we made it through the whole season. And these days, that's actually saying something.

After missing an entire year I don't think any of us thought we'd make it through season 43 of the show unscathed, and if I'm being honest we haven't. Two teams did drop out as the season progressed, and a large chunk of the teams we did have join us were missing a player or two because of positive Covid tests. But we adjusted on the fly, and now we about to have everything in the can, so even if there was some sort of strange thing that shuts everything down we'll have the entire season ready to go.

And once again, if I'm being honest, that's actually a comforting thought.

The shows we're taping today won't actually air until mid April; I think the 11th of our scheduled 20-week run pops up on screens tomorrow night, so we still have a lot left for everyone to see. All I will say is that anyone who watches has a lot to look forward to, including some amazingly close games, some very bad jokes, and a surprise or two.

As to who ultimately walks away with the title this season? I, once again in total honesty, have no idea. That's one of the ways in which this season has been so unique. Normally, as the season wears on, you get a pretty good idea of who might ultimately win. But this year? Well, I'm just as curious as everyone else to see who walks away with it all in a couple of hours.

But more than anything, I'm just happy that we got to this point. As with everything the past 23 months, we've been doing it in strange circumstances and by the seat of our pants. That's why it's so nice to know that, somehow, through the hard work of everyone at WNMU-TV, we pulled it off.

Have a great weekend!

(jim@wmqt.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment