Thursday, September 2, 2021

Thursday, 9/2

 I hope this getaway goes better than the last getaway.

Actually, I KNOW this getaway will go better than the last one, if for no other reason that we're driving downstate and back, which means (unless something REALLY goes wrong) we won't have any flights canceled on us and we won't have to spend an extra night in Charlotte, North Carolina.

Although, if something like that were to happen, at least I'd have a blog for next Wednesday, wouldn't I?

Here's what we're doing this time—we're driving downstate to see Mon & Dad II over the weekend, plus visit with other assorted members of Loraine's family. We haven't been down there in two and a half years, and while various members have popped up to Marquette this summer & last we haven't had a chance to all be together in the same place at the same time.

And I kinda think Loraine's looking forward to that.

So there won't be one of these tomorrow, nor Tuesday (the day we drive back). However, on that drive back home I'll whip something up and maybe even post it from I-75. That depends upon when & where I finish it. You see, Loraine drives while we're downstate and then I take over when we hit the UP (a long standing tradition on our part), so assuming I get it finished before we hit the Bridge I'll try to stick it up.

We'll see how that works out.

So have a great holiday weekend, Behave yourself, and check back Tuesday night or Wednesday morning. If there's a new blog here, you'll know that things went well and I was able to post it. And if not?

Well, then go looking for me in Charlotte, North Carolina. Because, you know, that's how things work these days.

8-)

(jim@wmqt.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment