Thursday, May 20, 2021

Thursday, 5/20

 I have no idea how it's going to turn out.

I've mentioned in here before how I have the first Jim Koski ™ History Center walk since last decade coming up in just under two weeks. It's the walking version of “Third Street: Day & Night” that I was supposed to do last year when Covid decided to kick us in the you-know-whats. I ended up making a video about it. So this is the...what? Walk-turned-video-turned-walk again?

Something like that.

I'm hoping it goes off without a hitch. From what I've noticed there seems to be a whole lot more interest in this than in a lot of things I've done. I don't know if that's a function of not having done one for two years, of interest from the video, or of just pent-up demand for something—anything--to do, but it looks like it should be popular.

I just hope we're able to do it safely.

This is the only walk the History Center and I have on the schedule for this summer. Because we had no idea how things were going to turn out we didn't want to over-promise. But since restrictions are being lifted rapidly in Michigan and since there seems to be a pent-up demand, if (and that's a big “if”) Third Street goes well in a couple of weeks I'm going to be doing a couple of “pop-up” tours throughout the summer.

Here's the deal—if I notice the weather's gonna nice one evening, and if I don't have anything else going on, I'll give a tour I've already given, like “The Docks of Lower Harbor” or “And Put Up A Parking Lot” or even the bike tour. If five people show up, cool. If 100 people show up, even better. I've already done all the work, and there are few things I enjoy more than walking around Marquette on a warm summer night babbling about stuff. So for me it's a win-win, especially if I can make a few extra bucks for the History Center.

But like I said. It all depends upon how Third Street goes in 13 days. And if the early signs are any indication, I think it'll go well.

We'll just have to see!

(jim@wmqt.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment