Thursday, April 29, 2021

Thursday, 4/29

 Three little things today, all of which are good news in and of themselves but put together make great news.

Or, at least, great news to me.

The first is that it's been two weeks since my second Covid shot. I am now invincible...or, at least, as immune as is scientifically possible. That means I can now (per the CDC) venture mask-free into a space with other vaccinated people, which thanks to the second piece of good news will be vital in a few months, because...

“High School Bowl” will be back this fall!

Yup. The TV show I host is a firm “go” for this upcoming school year. We start taping at the end of September, and the shows start airing the beginning of November. We finally get to use the new set built last year, some of the brightest young people on the planet get to show just how bright they are, and I get to make a fool of myself on television for 20 straight weeks.

How can you go wrong with that?

The third piece of good news is that I'm taking another long weekend this weekend, and don't have to work tomorrow. That just leaves me with, uhm, 20-some vacation days to use up before September, so I guess I'm on track, right?

Right?

That means, of course, that there won't be a new one of these tomorrow and, if you're trying to tune in on the air, you'll hear examples from years past of me making a fool of myself. Maybe I should actually listen to some of them because come September, I'll need that particular skill for “High School Bowl”, won't I?

8-)

Have yourself a great weekend. Try not to be too much of a fool yourself. I'll do my best to cover for everyone!

(jim@wmqt.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment