Friday, April 2, 2021

Friday, 4/2

 You knew it was Hungarian, didn't you?

I did indeed resurrect the old habit of writing a blog and then posting in a strange language yesterday for April Fools Day, and having read several books on strange languages the past few years figured Hungarian would work just fine. For some reason, it's not really related to any other European language (except Finnish, for some bizarre reason) and so there are few recognizable words for someone who speaks a Germanic language (like English) or a Romance language (like Spanish or French) to recognize.

Here's what I wrote yesterday, in English--

*****

And happy April Fools’ Day!

I’m not actually going to write much here, but I figured I SHOULD write a little something in case somebody figures out that I posted this entry in Hungarian and is able to either translate it themselves or, like me, to find a web program to do it for you.

I mean, you didn’t think that I actually know Hungarian, do you?

The funny thing is, I was actually going to post this blog in one of the, oh, 3 millions languages that C-3PO claims to speak in “Star Wars” because, believe it or not, I read a few weeks ago that there are more “Star Wars” language translators on the web than for any other language. Unfortunately, I didn't seem to find any of them. Or at least any of them that worked.

Who knew? You actually can't believe everything on the Internet.

So, instead of posting this in an off-planet language, I figure I’d post this in one of the strangest language I’ve ever come across. And trust me--this IS one of the strangest languages you’ll ever come across.

Now, here’s the Easter Egg in today’s entry. Click on this link--

https://en.eprevodilac.com/prevodilac-madjarski-engleski

And it takes you to a site where you can translate the blog, and read what I wrote.

Good luck!

(jim@wmqt.com)


*****

Then I ran it through the online translator at that link, and posted it. Now, the fun part of all this is taking the Hungarian translation, and seeing how it converts back to English. Wanna see?

*****

And Happy April Fools Day!

I’m not really going to write much here, but I thought I MUST write a little if someone guesses that I posted this post in Hungarian and can either translate it myself or, like me, find a web program to do it for you.

I mean, you didn't think I actually knew Hungarian, did you?

The funny thing is, I actually wanted to publish this blog in one of the 3 million languages ​​that the C-3PO is supposed to speak in “Star Wars,” because believe it or not, I read a few weeks ago that there were more “Star Wars” out there. language translator on the Internet as for any other language. Unfortunately, I didn't seem to find any of them. Or at least either worked.

Who knew? You don’t really believe everything on the internet.

T so instead of posting this in an off-planet language, I think I would post it in one of the strangest languages ​​I’ve ever encountered. And believe me - it’s one of the weirdest languages ​​you’ll ever come across. Now here’s the Easter egg in today’s post. Click this link -

https://en.eprevodilac.com/prevodilac-madjarski-engleski

And you get to a site where you can translate the blog and read what I wrote. Good luck!\

(jim@wmqt.com)

*****

And I have to say I'm kind of surprised. That's actually a pretty good re-translation, much better than some of the ones I tried a decade or so ago. So, if I do this again next year, I'll have to find an even stranger language than Hungarian and see how it translates back.

Hmmm...perhaps Tagalog? We'll have to see.

Have yourself a great Easter weekend. Don't eat too much chocolate, and watch out for those black jellybeans!

(jim@wmqt.com)


No comments:

Post a Comment