Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Tuesday, 9/18


Okay. Now I'm ready. And now it's time for you to decide.

As I mentioned yesterday every year when I get back from Europe I let you guys decide which picture I took there over there gets to be my work computer desktop photo for the year. I always pick out a couple of semi-finalists from which you get to choose, and I base the choice on this criteria--that I like it enough to be able to stare at it every day for the next year. After all, it would make no sense for me to, say, have to look at a picture of snow or something grungy for an entire year, which is the reason why you may notice all the pictures have a little sun or something cheery about them. Oh, and there should be enough room for a dozen or so icons to appear without disrupting the flow of the picture.

Okay, with that out of the way, here are your choices for this year, presented in the order in which I shot them--

First, one of the cows we came across. You know me & cows. I can't explain it, but you know me and cows--





Next, this shot I took in the Reber store in Bad Reichenhall. I like it for two reasons, the first being that I didn't even look when I took the picture. It was in the middle of a busy store, so I stuck my camera down and snapped the shutter. I think the end result turned out pretty well.

And the other reason? Well, duh—it's chocolate.




For whatever reason I took a lot of flower shots this time around (perhaps because for six days we had rain and flowers provided the only color). Out of all of them, I chose this show from the sleepy little town of Bernau-am-Chiemsee--




Next, the iconic peaks of the Watzmann in Berchtesgaden, taken on the first day of sun AFTER the six days of rain & gloom--




Finally, I took (and I'm not kidding here) over 100 shots of the fountains at Schloss Herrenchiemsee. I just picked this one out of the bunch.



Take a look at the pictures, think it over, and by this Friday morning please let me know which you think should be on my computer desktop. I’ll announce the winner then, and for the next year, that’ll be the picture that greets me every morning when I come into work. You guys have shown great taste in the past; I look forward to seeing what you choose this year!


No comments:

Post a Comment