Monday, September 17, 2018

Monday, 9/17


I have not gotten to it yet. That's how far behind I am.

Greetings to another new week. Hope you enjoyed your “Summer in September” this past weekend. I know I did, and that may be one of the reasons why I haven't even yet thought about something I do almost every week this time of the year, and that's ask for your vote on what picture I should have on my computer desktop for the next year.

For those of you not familiar with this practice, I usually take four or five of the best pictures I took while over in Europe, and share them with you. Your task is to then decide which one then is my work computer desktop for the next year. Over the years, you've picked flowers, forests shrouded with fog, and some pretty nifty city-scapes. In fact, this is what I've been looking at the past year--



That's the Stadt Garten in Freiburg, one of the great discoveries we made in 2017. I always abide by your decisions, because, I think, you guys have some pretty good taste. Anyway, by this time I've usually picked out the semi-finalists and put them up for your vote. But because I seem to be so far behind in everything this year, I haven't even gone through the pictures I've taken yet. They're not organized, I haven't culled out the out-of-focus or duplicate shots, and I have NO idea which should be the semi-finalists.

So that's a bad on my part.

I have some ready-made excuses, if you'd like to hear them. It was a gorgeous, summer-like weekend (especially yesterday), and I was out making the most of it. I've also been really busy helping replace a co-worker. I also have that Graveraet program coming up at the end of this week, and I've been working on that. I know none of those are real excuses, but perhaps they explain, just a little, why I haven't even gone through my pictures yet.

Although, in my defense, I DID at least finish unpacking over the weekend, so I have accomplished one thing I needed to. I know it's not much, but at least give me something, okay?

8-)

So here's the plan. Either today or tonight I'll do my best to go through all 1,100 or so shots, and pick out the ones I think are the best. Then hopefully, by tomorrow, you'll be able to check them out, and by Friday have picked out the picture I look at for the next year. At least, that's the plan.

We'll see how it all works out. Keep your fingers crossed!

(jim@wmqt.com)


No comments:

Post a Comment