Friday, September 14, 2018

Friday, 9/14


And here, I was looking forward to not writing at all this weekend.

Welcome to Friday, the 19th day in a row I have written a blog. While I don't think it's quite a personal record, this is one of the longest consecutive stretches where I've written something. I'm not complaining; after all, I love writing, and it seems that the blogs I produce while in Europe are anticipated by a big group of people. So I don't in any way mind that I've written blogs 19 days in a row.

However, I was kind of looking forward to taking a short break this weekend, when I could devote my (limited) brain power to something else, like finally putting away everything from the trip still sitting on our living room floor (pretty much most everything we brought over AND brought back, if you're curious). It does not, though, seem that my wish will come true, as I was reminded yesterday that one week from tomorrow I have a history program to put on.

Oops.

Don't worry; all the research work for the history of Graveraet program I'm putting on for the Marquette Area Public Schools Educational Foundation is done. All the pictures are ready, too. I made sure all that was done before we left. But it hasn't been organized into any coherent form (not that any of my history programs have a coherent form, but that's neither here nor there), and I should probably have at least a rough outline put together. If nothing else, that may help me not digress, Fred Rydholm-style, into a topic that has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

And that's while I have to write a little this weekend.

One of the things about which I have to chuckle is that I'm probably one of the least qualified people to put on this program. Aside form attending shows at Kaufman Auditorium, up until a few years ago I had never set foot into the school. Nope; being a Bothwell kid I never had a reason to, and for some bizarre reason even all the stuff I've been doing for the History Center the past 15 years never gave me a cause to step inside the building. So those heady qualifications are probably another reason why I might want to attempt a little writing this weekend.

So I can at least sound like I know what I'm talking about.

Fortunately, I still have a week left to tie up all the loose ends, and I'm supremely confident I'll get it all done. Heck, if the weather is as nice as it's supposed to be this weekend, maybe I can even getting away with skipping writing altogether, at least for a day or so. And if nothing else, I could always take my laptop down and sit in Graveraet's courtyard, writing and enjoying the weather.

That would apt, wouldn't it?

So that's (part) of what I'm doing this weekend. Hope your weekend is just as enjoyable or productive... or if you're multitasking like some of us, both!


No comments:

Post a Comment