Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Wednesday, 5/30


Consider this the yang to last week's chocolate ying.

You may recall last week when I wrote a blog about a European chocolate bar that didn't find especially noteworthy, a Galler Dark Chocolate with Mint & Lime bar. I know it shocked some people, and it even struck me as a rare case of coming across a piece of chocolate that wasn't in some way amazing. Well, I'm happy to report that that memory has now been erased after my first bite of THIS bar--



That is a Lindt dark chocolate bar with a liquid blueberry/lavender filling in each and every piece. I love dark chocolate. Blueberries are among my favorite fruit ever. And I've been on this lavender kick recently, making lavender sugar cookies, enjoying lavender yogurt and lavender-infused goat cheese form the Marquette Food Co-op, and realizing that the one & only beer I've ever really liked is Blackrock's Honey Lavender beer.

Therefore, I guess, it should be no surprise that I (figuratively) exploded in delight after the first bite of this bar.

This is actually the second bar I purchased in Germany last year that I wish I had purchased more of, because you can't seem to get them anywhere other than in a Lindt outlet store (like the one at which I purchased this bar, in Heidelberg). I wish that I bought six or seven of these blueberry & lavender bars, and I also wished I had picked up a couple of their dark chocolate grapefruit bars. Now, I know you may be recoiling in horror at the thought of mixing dark chocolate and grapefruit. Even I kinda had that same reaction when I first saw it. But you know what? It worked. There's no way it should of, but the combination of the dark chocolate and the grapefruit oil really worked.

I mean, it didn't work quite as well as the blueberry lavender bar, but it was light years ahead of the mint lime bar.

All this means that I have a new task ahead of me before we leave for Germany in just under three months. That new task will be to find out if there are any Lindt outlet stores in the areas we're visiting, and if so, to find out if they're still making the two bars. I mean, if the grapefruit bar was a limited edition, I might be able to live with that. But if the blueberry/lavender bars are no longer produced I may have to spend the entire trip wiping away the tears of sadness that will be flowing non-stop from my red, red eyes.

The chocolate bar is THAT good.


No comments:

Post a Comment