Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Tuesday, 5/15


Greetings from the engineering masterpiece that is I-75. I have no idea where on I-75; if it helps, there are trees on the left hand side and trees on the right hand side. So wherever that is, that's where we are at the moment.

We had a great time on our little weekend jaunt down to see Loraine's family. In fact, I think we ate so much that I don''t think I'll ever have to eat again. Whether that's a good thing or a bad thing, I'll leave it up to you to decide. We had a great time with her family (hi, Aunt Suzanne!) and their various pets. And perhaps most importantly, the timing worked out for me to be able to stick my nose in these--



Any extra chance to smell the nectar of the gods is worth the 350 mile drive.

I know I stuck up a picture of the “Awesome Flatness of Reese” before we left, but like I do everywhere we go I wandered around the place with a camera to see what I can see. And while there aren't hills or water to shoot, Reese does have its own unique charms. The reason it was founded is because it sits at the crossroads of two railroad lines, so you see signs of that everywhere--


Now, of course, it's around because of the farms in the area; most of the businesses in town exist to serve that end--



But, like any small town, it still has a few things that make it unique.



I mentioned the lilacs, right? It was also nice to see trees that have actually bloomed for the year--



As have a whole bunch of other flowers--



But, just about everywhere you look, you see “The Awesome Flatness”--



It will, however, be nice to be back home, even if we're still weeks away from the lilacs blooming and even if it's just back to the grind. But thank you, Mom & Dad Light, for a great weekend, and thank you, Reese, for giving them a place to call home.

And for your awesome flatness!



No comments:

Post a Comment