Friday, October 16, 2020

Friday, 10/16

 I don't know why I like the picture so much. I just do.

For the past two years now I've had one picture on my computer desktop. It's not of a warm, sunny, summer day, or a picture of loved ones or of friends. Nope; the picture I've been staring at for two years now every time I come into my office was taken during a cold, driving rainstorm two years ago somewhere in Bavaria. Loraine and I were just walking up a street, I saw something, and took a picture of it. I didn't pay much attention to it then, although I did stick it in one of my trip blogs. However, as I've been looking at it on an almost daily basis, I've come to realize that I really like it.

But, then, who wouldn't?



Yeah, I know it's a cow. Like I said, that should be no surprise to anyone who knows me. What I like about so much is the look on the cow. It's a cow with an attitude. It's a cow wondering why a dork with a camera was standing in the rain a few feet away from it. It's a cow that, if it could, would just shake its head in bemusement and walk away to join the other cows, telling them something along the lines of “you should see what I just saw”.

If, of course, a cow could do that.

I realize I'm attributing human behavior to a cow, but that's what this particular beast looks like, at least to me. I mean, take another look at it. Doesn't the cow look like it's just about to shake its head? Doesn't it look like the cow's giving me that look, the look like a human would give when they see something so stupid they can't believe it?

That's what it looks like to me.

You may see things differently. In fact, I'm sure that you, a normal human being, would look at that picture and see just a cow. Not a cow with an attitude, not a cow with vague sense of superiority, but a cow. A plain and simple cow. And that's fine. It's nice to know that at least one of us is normal.

Just don't expect it to be me. At least not with a picture like that.

Have a great and a, uhm, cow-ilicious weekend!

(jim@wmqt.com), cowaholic


No comments:

Post a Comment