Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Tuesday, 6/4


I'm pleasantly surprised that you guys even noticed I didn't do it.

Every year when I get back from Europe I usually have you guys pick out the picture I display on my work computer desktop for the next year. Over the years you've picked some amazing photos that I've been able to look at for 12 months, but this year I decided not to do it. Why, you ask? Well, I answer, for a couple of reasons. One, it's only been eight months since I put up the latest picture, and two, because I have a toy cow that matches it.

Seriously—for Christmas, my parents (jokingly) gave me a toy cow that looks almost exactly like the current desktop picture I have. Don't believe me?



And because of both those reasons, I didn't want to change my desktop picture after this trip.

However, because several of you e-mailed me and wondered if I was going to put pictures up to a vote, I tell you what. Here are six pictures. I have a notebook computer that I take to Europe to write blogs and the like, a computer that I also use throughout the year for other things where I need a small machine. The picture that you choose will go on that machine, and while I won't see it as often as I would every day at work, it'll still be gazed upon on occasion.

Sound cool? Good. I hoped you'd think so.

So without further ado, here are this year's six possibilities--

Tiergarten Park in Berlin--



Flowers at the market in Leipzig--



The very historic Augustusplatz in Leipzig, with the University of Leipzig in the background--



Loraine in her happy place, Red Bull Arena--



The Leipzig skyline, taken from Johannapark--



And two of my favorite things in the world—lilacs and an Ampelmann--



Feel free to pick which one you think should go on my notebook computer's desktop for the foreseeable future. Just e-mail me your choice by, say, Sunday night at 1159. That way, I can announce the winner in Monday's blog. Thanks for voting. And heck, thanks for wondering why I didn't do it this year in the first place!





No comments:

Post a Comment