Friday, June 28, 2019

Friday, 6/28


Several things today, starting with this observation--

HOW THE HECK IS 2019 HALF OVER ALREADY???

As a question, it’s more rhetorical than most, but didn’t 2019 just start, like, last week? At least that’s how it seems. It just feels like it was just a week or so ago I woke up on a cold Tuesday morning, shook my head as I saw the detritus of leftover New year's Eve celebrations spread all around my neighborhood, and then went back to bed. Now after Sunday the year’s halfway gone, and what do we have to show for it? 121 blogs and lots of cold weather, at least by my account.

Geez...time really does fly, doesn’t it? I’ll have to remember that when I’m writing, in what’ll seem like a week or so, a blog about how 2019’s now over and wondering where it all went.

Geez.

*****

Today's a semi-big day in the Koski household, as the Bundesliga schedule for 2019-2020 comes out! I realize that's not a big deal for any sane person, but we're looking forward to it to see who RB Leipzig plays and on what weekend they play them. Why? Well, you never know if we might want to go back over there and see another game, like we did a few months ago.

It's just a thought right now. Just a concept. But the schedule should help decide whether it stays a thought and a concept or moves on to something else. We'll see.

*****

Finally, good news and bad news about the Mining Journal article I wrote for my “And Put Up A Parking Lot” tour. The good news is it's finished and turned in two days before it was due, a fact that would've shocked Procrastinator Jim back in college. The bad news?

It's scheduled to run next Thursday. You know—July 4th. A day when no one reads a newspaper.

So if it happens to get re-purposed in here between the 4th and the walk on the 10th, you'll know why. I just want someone—anyone--to see it and read it.

8-)

On that note, have yourself a great weekend. And enjoy what's left of June and the first half of 2019!



No comments:

Post a Comment