Friday, June 21, 2019

Friday, 6/21


It looks like our long, national nightmare may finally be coming to an end.



That's a picture I took at 845 this morning of the street construction outside of our apartment. As you may be able to tell the curbs are set, the sidewalls are being poured, and after the pavement has been laid hopefully (he says keeping his fingers crossed) we'll be able to leave Loraine's car sit in the driveway all week like normal people, and not have to store it in my parents' garage.

(And on that side note...thanks Mom & Dad. We really appreciate it!)

Because this is Michigan and because roads don't seem to like Michigan several of us in the neighborhood have been joking about starting a pool as to how long the new street will actually last before potholes form or before they have to dig it up to fix one of the water or sewer mains they just replaced. As with everything in life I'm trying to be optimistic about it, so I'm betting the street will last a whole year and a half. It'll hold up until December 2020 before repair work needs to be done on it.

Perhaps not surprisingly my guess is the farthest out in the future. THAT'S how good of a reputation Michigan has for its roads.

8-)

On an entirely different matter I have to send thanks out to listeners Shane and Audrey Marlow of Gwinn for their nice gift. Shane, noticing that my pal Mr. Sunflower makes weekly appearances on our station Facebook page, decided to give him his own portrait--



I know Mr. Sunflower appreciates it. And I sure do, too. So thanks guys!

Finally, happy first day of “summer”. Maybe it (summer) will actually show up one of these months. I mean, I'm not counting on it, but this year it'd be a nice bonus, wouldn't it? We'll just have to see about that. And on that note, have yourself a great first weekend of “summer”. Make sure you have your hat & mittens nearby, just in case!





No comments:

Post a Comment