Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Wednesday, 11/21


Guess who's celebrating a birthday today?



That's right; the most amazing woman in the world turns another year younger today. I don't know how she does it, but I don't think she looks a day older than she did, say, last century.

But then she's amazing, so what do you expect?

This is one of my favorite recent pictures of her, taken on Herreninsel on Lake Chiemsee in Germany, one of the homes of her BFF King Ludwig II. There are many things I love about her, but one of the best is the passion into which she throws herself when pursuing a new interest. A couple of years ago we're traipsing through Germany with our parents, we visit a castle on a rainy day, and before I know it the two of us are heading back to Germany, visiting many castles on many rainy (& sunny) days, and just having a blast, a trip entirely planned by her.

Not only that, but she also wrote this 80+ page “brief” beforehand so we'd both know what we're looking at and looking for. That's how amazing she is.

And that's just one of her talents. You know about the books she's written, the honors she's received, and everything else that she's able to do. Being a bit of a shy person (yes, despite what I just said, Loraine IS a bit of a shy person) she doesn't necessarily like to shine the spotlight of achievements on herself. But I'm married to her. I'm proud of what she does. And I'll keep mentioning things like her books and her trip planning abilities and the fact that she defies aging. Why?

Because people deserve to know that I'm not kidding. She really IS the Most Amazing Woman in the World.

So Happy Birthday, Loraine. I hope you're enjoying your Chocolate-Hazelnut Gelato!

(Lotsa) love,



No comments:

Post a Comment