Monday, November 26, 2018

Monday, 11/26


200 millions pounds. That's how much leftover turkey there was in this country after Thanksgiving.

That may not be much of a surprise to anyone who shared dinner with family and/or friends last week. I know I'm still eating some that I brought home from the celebration at my parents. Unlike some people, I actually don't mind; I think that leftover turkey sandwiches are among the best things you can eat. But I know not everyone's like that. With that in mind, a couple of years ago I came up with a list of what you can do with the leftover turkey that's still sitting in your fridge.

So...tired of leftover turkey sandwiches? Try one of these--

Turkey chili

Turkey tacos

Turkey pot pies

Turkey pasties

Turkey casserole

Turkey croquets

Turkey canapés

Turkey jerky

Turkey latte

Turkey nog

Turkey & cranberry smoothies

Turkey bread

Turkey granola

German turkey cake

Turkey & sweet potato jam

Home-made turkey Pop Tarts

And. . .frozen turkey doorstops.

Hopefully, you won’t have so much leftover turkey that you make it to the bottom of this list, but if you indeed have your share of those 200 millions pounds, there you go. Good luck!

Tomorrow, the story of another food, one that might be described as my culinary guilty pleasure.


No comments:

Post a Comment