Monday, February 5, 2018

Monday, 2/5

As I write this, I have no idea who won.

I know; weird, isn't it? The Super Bowl finished 10 or so hours ago, and I have no idea who won. I've been studiously avoiding social media before writing this, just so I could write something about how, for the first time in my life, I didn't watch the game and couldn't tell either how Tom Brady once again ripped my heart out or (less likely) how Philadelphia broke both of his legs while America stood up to cheer.

I'm guessing it'll be the former, but a boy can dream, right?

Instead of watching the game Loraine and I followed the fool-proof plan she came up with once she learned New England was in the game yet again. We made ourselves a pizza and ate while watching a couple of “Star Wars” movies (“Return of the Jedi” and 'The Force Awakens”, if you're keeping score at home). There was no heartache involved, no gnashing of teeth nor rendering of garments. In fact, the only emotional low point occurred when (spoiler) was killed during “Force”.

I've watched it six times now, and I still can't get over what happened.

I did DVR the game, though, and I'll check it out tonight. That way, if Tom Brady ripped my heart out I can scan through that part and watch the commercials and Justin Timberlake. And if Philadelphia broke both of his legs while America stood up & cheered?

Well, my DVR has a slow-motion function on it. I can watch it happen over and over and over again. And I can watch the commercials and Justin Timberlake. That would be a GREAT way to spend a Monday night.

****

So I'm now off to find out who won. But before I do that I do have to note that ny favorite 18-year old in the world is now my favorite 19-year old in the world! It's my niece Sydney's big day today, the first birthday she's had away from everyone. Syd's a freshman at Florida Atlantic University, and proving that she's the smartest person the extended Koski family has ever produced, she's living in a place where she can go to the beach on her birthday without having to worry that any part of her body will fall off thanks to frostbite.

Enjoy the sun, Syd, and have a great birthday!


(ps—the weekend helped with my voice, if you're curious. My vocal cords no longer feel like they're swollen, and I can almost speak at a normal volume. So, you know, yay!)

UPDATE--9:48am--I checked the score.  No broken legs, but WOO HOO!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment