Friday, February 2, 2018

Friday, 2/2

Hmm. Maybe I should've followed my own advice.

Remember Monday how I was saying I shouldn't talk for a few days? How announcing the Noque and a few other things left me with a weakened voice? Well, perhaps I should've laid low, at least vocally, as after a week of being on the radio, having to tape a TV show Wednesday and having to tape another in a few minutes, the rapid ping-ponging of temperatures from 5 to 35 and back again the past few days, and the ill-timed inhalation of a bunch of air freshener yesterday (don't ask) I find myself with a weak voice and what feels like slightly swollen vocal cords.

But, you know, it's not like I need to speak for a living, or anything.

Fortunately, I don't think too many people have noticed, at least not yet. I'm trying not to speak at all unless I have to, so that when I do I sound somewhat normal. Of course, when I do speak I sound like someone who's just woken up, at least until I warm up my potentially swollen vocal cords, but I sound like I just woke up most of the time anyway.

So I have that going for me.

I think I should be able to make it through the TV taping this morning. During the show I have to speak a lot and I have to speak loudly, but I think I can get through the 2-hour block at full vocal strength. I'm pretty confident in that. Then I have a little while to rest my throat until I go on the air; hopefully, that will be enough. If not...well, let's just say I may be whispering a lot today when trying to figure out Upper Michigan's favorite Justin Timberlake song ever. But at least that's followed by the upcoming weekend when I won't have to speak much (if at all) and hopefully by Monday I'll be just fine and back to normal.

Or whatever passes for normal in this neck of the woods.

Keep your fingers crossed for me, if you would. Since I have to head over to Public TV 13 soon, I'll just wish you a happy weekend; hopefully, you won't have any trouble speaking. And remember—no Super Bowl for me Sunday (thank you, the evil Tom Brady). It'll be a “Star Wars” marathon instead.

Details on that Monday!




No comments:

Post a Comment