Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Tuesday, 5/9

That was fun. Even if I didn't get to find out how they get all those clowns in a car.

Like I mentioned, I got to run away and join the circus yesterday with the winners of our “Run Away For a Day” contest. For a half an hour the people at the Carden Circus treated our winners like royalty by showing them how to work with poodles, how to juggle, how to do aerial work, and, as a special bonus, even allowed then to ride an elephant.

I think that's why everyone's smiling--



Being who I am, I've spent way too many hours backstage and behind the scenes of events like this, and you can always tell when people are just going through the motions or if they're really having fun doing what they're doing. Rest assured that these very talented performers really enjoy what they're doing, and they were able to share some of that enthusiasm with our contest winners and their kids.

So all kinds of thanks to them for everything they did!

*****

By the way, you may be happy to know that the possibility of TV-13 losing their license following my upcoming hosting gig on “Ask the Lawyers” has been downgraded from “Oops, sorry about that” to “Well, it could've been worse”. This follows a little meeting I had yesterday with the show's producer about what exactly I'll need to do. Sadly, it looks like I won't have to pull out any quotes from “The Verdict” or “A Few Good Men”. Instead, I'll just be asking questions of a judge and a lawyer and letting them handle the heavy lifting.

So I guess that's a good thing, at least for Public TV-13. Don't forget—the sheer insanity of me having to act like an adult who knows what he's doing happens Thursday night at 8!



No comments:

Post a Comment