Friday, May 12, 2017

Friday, 5/12

Well, let's see. No one died, and Public TV 13 still has its license. Based on that, I'm guessing the show was a success.

A mere six days after being asked to host it for the first time ever I had my debut on “Ask The Lawyers” last night. And while I've spent those six days jokingly wondering if the world would survive, I knew things would go okay. After all, it's only (live) TV, and the fact that I had never been the host of the show (or even watched it before) was a mere bump in the road. I mean, I have no appreciable skills in the world other than, perhaps, the ability to talk, and apparently that was all I needed to successfully host the show.

Now, onto the next challenge!

At least this hasn't been a boring week, has it? I mean, between the circus Monday, the shock of John Kivela's death Tuesday, a History Center thing I attended Wednesday, and the live TV show last night, I haven't been home much recently. That's one of the things to which I'm looking forward this weekend—just being home. But, in a strange way, I also appreciate weeks like this one (minus, perhaps, the shock of John's death). I don't know if I could just wake up, go to work, and then go home, day in and day out. I mean, sure—after a week like this, that seems like a really attractive prospect. A REALLY attractive prospect. But I also realize that I'm an incredibly lucky person in that I have all of these amazing opportunities presented to me. I mean, how many people get to go behind the scenes of a circus AND host a TV show all in the same week?

Not many. And that's why I know I'm an incredibly lucky person, even if weeks like these can be a bit...overwhelming at times.

But now that it's over, I get to sit back and relax a little. Not too much, because I'll be going to pay my respects to John's family tomorrow, and then celebrating Mother's Day with two of my favorite moms (my own mother & sister) on Sunday. But at least I'll get an hour or two to breathe, and sometimes, that's the most important thing.

On that note, YOU have yourself a great weekend. And if you can, make sure you celebrate Mom's day with all of YOUR favorite mothers!


No comments:

Post a Comment