Thursday, October 17, 2024

Thursday, 10/17

I know I've already talked about pictures this week, but I have a few I've been meaning to share.

Suppose I should do that, huh?

I actually suppose I should do that because I find myself taking a picture of something interesting, say to myself “I should stick that in a blog”, and then promptly forget about it until I'm scrolling through my phone or transferring pictures from a camera. I then wack myself on the back of the head like I'm an idiot and vow to actually do something with them.

Which is what I'm doing here.

While I still have to take that shot of Lake Superior without any sign of humanity that I was talking about a few days ago, I have been bust taking a few for work, including this one a few days ago, which may be familiar as the current “Out Our Front Door” picture on the homepage of the station website--



We could also go back a few months and see what it looked like with in  temporary "office" on those days when it was nice and I'd take a laptop down to Lower Harbor Park to write a few things--



Oh, if only we could have days like that back again, huh? That was my thought a week or so ago when our “Summer in September” went away and it was so chilly that I actually had wear (gasp!) pants to work for the first time in (literally) months--



But, if the cooler temperatures means you get to see things like this, I suppose they're not 100% horrid. Maybe, only, like 98%...



Finally, what happens when you're the winner of our “Yooper 101” contest? You get prizes, just like Tracy Michel of Marquette!



I think we're caught up. I think we're good to go. Of course, knowing how things go I'll find another batch on a different phone or a camera card I'd forgotten about since last Spring or something. But that would be a blog for another day.

8-)

(jim@wmqt.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment