Tuesday, December 20, 2022

Tuesday, 12/20

I'm gonna say they turned out okay.

I've finally finished my holiday baking and decorating. It only (he sighs while saying) took three days, but it's done, it's over, and they're ready for delivery (or consumption). I ended up with five different cookies and one attempt at my Mom's fudge meltaways, which look pretty much like hers always did--



And, as a bonus, they taste the same as hers, so I have that going for me, as well.

I think I talked about the kind of cookies I was going to make this year earlier, and I stuck to those five. However, I did try to ramp up one of the cookies, the lemon-rosemary shortbread things I make. Before sticking them in the oven--



I added a crumble on top consisting of sugar and lemon zest. I think they turned out quite nicely, although I will admit that the crumble on top tends to fall off once you take a bite. So while they're not the cleanest of cookies, they are quite tasty.

And, in all honesty, isn't that what you want in a cookie?

Now, I have a few days off from kitchen work, but just a few, as I still have to make Christmas scones on Christmas Eve and then a bison ragu pasta dish for Christmas Day. Yes, it's different than the Greek food I've been making the past few Christmases, but I'm looking forward to seeing what I come up with.

After all, it's the holidaze, right? Bon Appetit!!

(jim@wmqt.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment