Monday, December 5, 2022

Monday, 12/5

It shocked the heck out of me, too.

I mentioned Friday that I'd share the story of how it went at the UP Children's Museum “celebrity” art auction Thursday, and since I always (try) to keep my word, here it is--

As you recall, I went as one of the “all stars” offering an experience as my contribution—I'd make the winning bidder a “Pieces of the Past” video, like those ones I do for the History Center. It could be about their family, their home, their business, or about anything they've ever wanted to know about. I had no idea if anyone would be interested, and when I got to the Museum Thursday I still didn't know.

My “art” was actually the third thing on the block. And I have to admit that I was surprised when a couple of people started bidding on it. The pair kept bidding and kept bidding, and as I was marveling at the fact that people would actually be interested in it, someone from the Children's Museum ran up to me and asked if I would do two of them, so they could get the money from two different people..

Since we all know I have an inability to say “No”, I said yes, and that way the Children's Museum was able to collect two $500+ bids.

That's right. I helped the Children's Museum make $1,100 because I can't say “no”. Nice to know I have a talent for at least one thing, right?

8-)

As of writing this, I still haven't been contacted by the winning bidders, so I'll be curious to see both what they want the video to be about and why they actually thought it was worth over $500 each. But it's nice to know that of the few talents I have, I'm at least able to help raise money for a good cause with them.

Who knew??

(jim@wmqt.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment