Wednesday, July 6, 2022

Wednesday, 7/6

I really think it'll be fun.

Tonight's the night I get to do “Tracks Through Time”, the railroad-oriented tour I've been babbling about in here non-stop for the past 137 years. While it's still a Jim Koski ™ tour, it'll be slightly different than usual in a couple of ways. The first is that instead of talking about things that used to be there, we'll be looking things that are still around, but shaped by railroads (even if you never realized it). It'll be taking my made-up phrase of “urban archaeology” to the extreme.

I think that'll be cool.

And the other way it'll be different? Well, the History Center has a new sound system that gets pulled along n a cart, and that means that (sob) my dad won't have to hold my portable speaker up so people could hear as I speak. This is a big deal; when I mentioned on Facebook that we'll be trying out a new sound system someone said, and I quote here, “your dad won't be carrying the speaker around on his head?”

Nope, he won't. And it sounds like his fan club is really bummed about that. But think of it this way—now my dad actually gets to enjoy the tour.

I think after all these years of schlepping the speaker around he deserves it.

If you're in the area and interested it starts at 630 at the History Center. Just bring along a mobile-internet capable device to look at some amazing pictures...you know, like this one--



Details on how it turned out tomorrow!

(jim@wmqt.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment