Thursday, July 7, 2022

Thursday, 7/7

Well...that seemed to go well.

“Tracks Through Time”, the latest Jim Koski ™ walking tour I've put together for the Marquette Regional History Center, has now entered the (ahem) history books, and it seems to have gone off with nary a hitch. The weather was nice (if a tad cool) and a couple of people actually showed up for it.

Well, okay...more than just a couple--



And yes, the line does sneak up the entire block.  I took the picture holding my phone up as far as I could over my head.  Let's just say there was quite the crowd!

As I had mentioned yesterday, this was a slightly different tour, in that I was able to put my made up philosophy of “urban archaeology” to the ultimate test. And I'd like to think that the people who took the tour enjoyed it; I lost track of how many people said things like “I didn't know that” or “I walk past here every day and didn't realize why it's like that”.

So...mission accomplished.

Now, I get to take a break for (looking at calendar here) a whole day. Friday evening I'm giving my “50 Years of Change” program for a high school reunion. After that, though? Nothing on the schedule until late August and a couple of shows at the Lake Superior Theater with Jack. I have a couple of pop-up tours I'm trying to squeeze in (including the fire tour that got rained out last month), and I suppose I should be thinking about the North Marquette walking tour I have in early September.

But for the next few weeks...it's time to enjoy summer.

Now...if it would just warm up so I could actually do that!

8-)

(jim@wmqt.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment