Friday, July 1, 2022

Friday, 7/1

One down, a zillion to go.

Seeing as how it's now July, you're probably not surprised that I have all kinds of things going on for the Marquette Regional History Center the next few weeks. The first occurred yesterday, as I led a fundraising tour through one of the more unique houses in Marquette, a log cabin on the lake in which not a nail was used in construction...a house that was even at one time used as a restaurant.

Don't believe me?



Now Wednesday I have a legit Jim Koski ™ walking tour about how railroads shaped downtown Marquette. “Tracks Through Time” actually got its start two years ago when I proposed doing a tour called “I've Been Working On The Railroad” (and good luck getting that song out of your head now). It was held over until this year because of a Covid-induced backlog of programs, and because the History Center's main exhibit this year is about railroads.

So it's the perfect time to finally roll it out.

I'll discuss it more Wednesday, but just let me leave you with a teaser picture, a picture whose mysteries will be resolved if you have the chance to join us Wednesday night--



See? Now you want to go, right?

8-)

Have a great holiday weekend. Try not to blow any fingers off!

(jim@wmqt.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment