Wednesday, July 13, 2022

Wednesday, 7/13

Have I ever mentioned that I have the greatest dad in the history of dads?

Sure, you may disagree with that statement, preferring to have yours top the list instead of mine, but I'm still standing by the choice. The latest example of how he's the greatest dad in the history of dads lies in cookies I made over the weekend, cookies I would not have made if I didn't have the greatest dad in the history of dads.

And here's how.

One of the things my dad likes to do is to pick berries, which is a good thing for me, seeing as how I like to eat berries. He's been picking strawberries the past few weeks and giving me some of his stash each and every time (because, you know, he IS the greatest dad in the history of dads), and after getting another batch on Friday a thought popped into my head.

I should make cookies with some of them.

So I did. I was playing around in the kitchen when I seemed to have stumbled upon a fairly interesting mix, involving cut up strawberries, chocolate chips, oatmeal (to soak up some of the liquid from the moist strawberries) and whole wheat flour (to soak up even more of the liquid from the moist strawberries). They ended up looking like a cookie, having a nice, chewy texture, and, most importantly, tasted quite good. And the dude who picked the strawberries—you know, the greatest dad in the history of dads—seemed to enjoy them, as well.

My only regret is that I didn't make more of them. After all, I was just playing around and didn't want to make a lot, lest they didn't really turn out. And since I (ahem) ate the rest of my strawberry stash before realizing how good the cookies were with freshly picked strawberries, well...

That's on me.

Thankfully, I actually wrote down the ingredients I used in the batch, so if I ever want to make them again I can (and, as a side note, you'd be amazed how many times I make things and then can't recreate them exactly because I didn't write down what I originally did). And if I do make them again, I'll know who to thank for giving me the idea in the first place.

And that would be merely the greatest dad in the history of dads.

(jim@wmqt.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment