Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Tuesday, 3/1

Three in three days? How about all three of them in one day?

I’ve written in here before about a blitz of stuff that I usually have in late January, where I do TV, radio, and a history show in front of a big audience in a two or three day span. Each of those are things that would make a normal person go “whoa”, and yet I seem to go from one to the other without even having the time to realize that each of those things, individually, is a big thing.

It all kind of just blurs into one big, strange, two or three-day span.

Well, apparently March 1st, 2022 has decided to say “hold my beer”. Once I get done writing this I go over to WNMU-TV to shoot pledge breaks for this week’s “High School Bowl”. Then I go do my daily five hours of radio. While there, I will shoot my weekly bit for Thursday’s Fox UP newscast. Then I head over to the Ore Dock Brewery where my pal Jack & I will reprise our “What’s Up, Dock” show as a benefit for the Marquette Maritime Museum.

“Whoa”???

I’ve had many, many days where TV Jim, Radio Jim, and History Jim have collided, but I’m pretty sure I’ve never had a day when I’ve done all three. Like I said, at least once a year it gets spread over two or even three days, but as far as doing them all in one day?

Nope.

I live a weird life. I know it, and you know it. But a day like today really brings it to the fore. Most people get up, eat breakfast, go to work, come home, eat dinner, and relax. I will do at the most three of those. I mean, what kind of person gets up, writes a blog, goes to shoot TV segments, heads to a radio studio to do both radio and TV, and then has a public speaking charity gig?

Okay…what kind of NORMAL person does that?

I’m not complaining. I would never complain about what I do, because 1). I love what I do and b). I know I’m incredibly lucky in that I actually get to do it. But there are just certain days in my life, like today, that remind me that I couldn’t life a normal life, even if I wanted.

And I’m okay with that.

(jim@wmqt.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment