Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Wednesday, 11/25

They say the average Thanksgiving dinner only goes 64% according to plan. I'll have to see if I can beat the odds.

That statistic once again comes form “Jim's Weird Fact of the Day”, which means that somewhere some scientist sat down and crunched the numbers. Apparently, when putting together a Thanksgiving dinner, you have hopes & dreams as to how it will turn out. And, on average, 64% of your hopes & dreams come true. That number goes up to 90% if you don't have guests, which means that if you DO have guests you are, from the looks of it, setting yourself up for failure.

Good thing you're not supposed to have guests over this year, huh?

8-)

Because of the pandemic and family members either playing it safe or in other parts of the country it's just me & my girlfriend for Thanksgiving for the first time in a LONG time. Aside from an apple pie I'm getting from the grocery store my sister owns, I'm putting together the whole feast myself. Don't worry; I'm not going whole hog by cooking a whole turkey just for the two of us. Instead, I'm making a casserole-type thingee that combines cranberry sauce (which I made myself), stuffing mix (made of cornbread, so I'm hoping it's okay), and a turkey breast, which I'm roasting tonight in a rosemary-sage butter that I made up last night.

Hopefully, it'll turn out closer to the 90% than the 64%. We'll just have to see.

I know it'll be a strange Thanksgiving for everyone, Loraine and I included. I'm just hoping that, no matter how or with whom you're celebrating, that you have a safe and a fun holiday. And that your celebration, like mine (fingers crossed) is closer to 90 percent than 64!

(jim@wmqt.com)

(ps—due to work schedules this may be the final entry for the week. If that's the case, see you Monday. If not, see you Friday!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment