Tuesday, November 17, 2020

Tuesday, 11/17

 It's been eight months. What's a few more between friends?

What with Michigan's latest (& much-needed) quasi-lockdown order starting tomorrow it doesn't look like I'll be joined by co-workers any year soon. Not that I mind; after all, I've written in here several times about how I seem to get much more done when I'm not being bothered by anyone. But, that being said, it's been eight months.

I'm actually old enough to remember when we thought this would all be over in two or three weeks.

I'm guessing that I'll be working by myself for the foreseeable future. After all, even if one of the vaccines they're developing were to be approved tomorrow it would still be quite a while before it was manufactured, distributed, and then given to everyone. I'm not a scientist, nor to I play one on TV, but I wouldn't not be surprised one way or another if I'm still sitting here alone six months from now.

In fact, I'm planning on it.

Not only will I be working alone for the foreseeable future, but all this also has an effect on both TV Jim and History Jim. The newest order doesn't allow high school students to partake in extracurricular activities through (at least) December 8th.. We were supposed to start shooting “High School Bowl” on December 2nd. So, we'll have to see how that turns out.

Meanwhile, History Jim and his show partner Jack Deo have had their annual January show at Kaufman Auditorium transitioned from in-person to pre-produced. That's right; our “Skates, Skis, and Slapshots” program will now be a video a-la the “Third Street: Day & Night” thing I did this past summer. I'll be curious to see how it all turns out. After all, it was easy to transition one of my tours to video; if I can do it with one of those unwieldy shows Jack & I put together, I'll be impressed.

Really, really, impressed.

But for now, I'll just keep going to work as I have every morning, and taking it a day at a time. We've all been doing it for eight months now; what's another five or six between friends, right?

8-)

(jim@wmqt.com)


No comments:

Post a Comment