Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Tuesday, 12/27

Survive the holidaze okay?

I did myself, thank you very much for asking. I was actually able to enjoy a very rare three day weekend, and at one point Monday morning actually realized that I had an hour and a half with absolutely nothing to do. As far as I can tell, that was the first time in over a month where I had an hour and a half with absolutely nothing to do, so for the first 10 or so minutes of that hour and a half, I just sat around, stunned by the fact. Then when I realized the clock was ticking and I’d better enjoy that hour and a half, I got off my butt and did enjoy it.

It was, in fact, one of my favorite gifts of the weekend!

Other than that, I’m guessing my holiday weekend was pretty much like yours. I spent some very enjoyable time with family members, I ate waaaaaaaaay too much, and I was able to take care of all kinds of crap around my apartment that hadn’t been taken care of over the past month. Oh, and I was able to foist the remaining few dozen of the Christmas cookies off on people willing to give them a good home.

All in all, a win-win weekend, except for wondering if 2016 would claim another victim Friday night (thankfully, Carrie Fisher pulled through), only to find the year wouldn't give up that easily (George Michael...really, 2016??)

Now I know for some of you, the weekend’s actually an 11 or 12-day break from reality, but not for all of us. No, some of us have to go back to work today. In fact, some of us actually have work extra this week because of the fact that everyone else is gone for the holidays. But that's okay; they're the ones who stay at work when I'm spending a summer half-day playing at the beach.

And trust me—I'd much rather be stuck working between Christmas and New Year's Day than be stuck at work when it's warm and the sun is out!

Tomorrow...whether or not I continue a 12-year tradition this weekend. I still haven't decided.


No comments:

Post a Comment