Thursday, December 8, 2016

Thursday, 12/8

Well, sad to say, welcome to winter. Looks like there's nothing we can do about it this time around.

Although as I’m writing this I have no idea what the final snow total will be (so far an inch or so on the ground and Marquette schools, for some strange reason, closed), I’m guessing (based on the predictions of Brad Rogers, Harbinger of Doom) that many of you throughout the U.P. are staring at over a foot of the white stuff. Cheer up, though; after all, it’ll only be around for, oh, the next 5 or six months.

8-)

Five months. And before you think I’m kidding, you know I’m not. After all, we've had many years where we've had snow in the middle of May. And if you add five months to today, you know what you get?

Yup. The middle of May, 2017.

So how am I gonna survive five months of stir-crazy cabin fever? I have no idea; hopefully, I won’t end up standing out in the street naked yelling at the snow gods for making my life miserable (although that WOULD be a neat way for me to get into the Police Log, wouldn’t it?). I guess that over the next five months, I just hafta adjust my lifestyle. I won’t be able to spend as much time outdoors, I won’t be wandering around the area taking as many pictures, and I won’t be wearing shorts very much. Instead, I’ll sit inside and read a little more. I’ll get through some of the unwatched DVD and Blu-Rays that seem to pile up. And I’ll check off events like Christmas, New Year’s, the Noque, and Valentine’s Day, knowing that each event we go through means we’re one little step closer to the return of green (or at least brown) grass, sunshine, and sweat rolling down your back as you go running without 14 pieces of clothing covering up your body.

Yes, I know I’m a walking oxymoron. Yes, I know that for someone who was born in the U.P. I shouldn’t complain about winter, I should instead celebrate it. It’s just that, you know, it’s winter.

And it’s here for the foreseeable future.


No comments:

Post a Comment