Friday, March 12, 2021

Friday, 3/12

 My new camera's here. My new camera's here!

Now you know what I'M doing this weekend.

8-)

Another thing I may be doing this weekend is seeing just how dry and in-shape some of Marquette's parks and soccer fields are. What with the lack of snow all winter (as we discussed yesterday) Loraine and I are wondering if we can get out and kick a few balls around a month or so earlier than usual this year. I know I wouldn't mind; I know she wouldn't mind, so with any luck maybe we can get out and get some extra exercise.

We'll see how that turns out.

Yet another thing I'll be doing this weekend is working ahead a little, as I'm hoping to take next Friday off. I've been trying to take a Friday off once a month, not only for my mental health but because I have all these vacation days to use up. I've written about that before, so I'm not going to complain about that, but it might be an appropriate day to take off, anyway.

You see, next Saturday will be the one year anniversary of me working alone. One year. That's almost, on occasion, too long of a time span to comprehend, yet it also seems like it's been, what? A week or two since all this insanity started? So perhaps having a few free seconds next Friday to contemplate that might be a good thing, as well.

One of the final things I might be doing this weekend (well, aside from changing the clocks at home and at work) might be trying to figure out which local non-profits might profit from my latest stimulus check. I said I wanted to spread some of that money around to groups who need it more than I, and I'm sticking to that. So if there's one you know needs the help, pass it along so I can put it on the list.

That's YOUR chore for the weekend. Well, that & changing the clocks, waking up Sunday morning and hoping you put them forward and not back. Not that I'm speaking from experience or anything, but you know me...

Have a great weekend!

(jim@wmqt.com)


No comments:

Post a Comment