Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Wednesday, 9/11


By looking at the contents of the box, you'd almost—almost--think that I was turning into an adult.

Almost.

Our most recent order from our favorite online German food store arrived over the weekend. Since it's been (gasp) almost four months since we were last in Germany, we were starting to run out of all the important things we usually bring back with us, like chocolate, cereal, and more chocolate. And since we won't be back there until the end of April, 2020, we needed some stuff to tide us over until then.

Or until we place another order in, say, January. You know, to tide us over during that final three months before we go back.

Anyway, the chocolate and the cereal arrived, and our stocks were replenished. However, I noticed something really weird about my portion of the order. I seem to have, for some reason, cut back on the chocolate I had shipped, and instead went overboard on this--



That's right. In our most recent German Shop 24 order, I bought more tea than I did chocolate. What the heck's wrong with me??????!!!!!!??????

I don't know why, but for me Germany's rapidly becoming to tea what France and Belgium are for chocolate. Despite what our friend Anja in Weissenfels says, the country has an amazing selection of the stuff, and most of my favorite teas on the planet come from there. In this photo you see green tea with vanilla, Rooibos (red) tea with vanilla (see a trend here?), green tea with orange and ginger, and a couple of boxes of that strange fennel/anise/caraway seed tea I like so much.

And then there's a tea I've never come across in my travels, and wanted to try out. It's the box at the lower right, and it's a sage/honey/vanilla tea. I love all three of those flavors, although I had no idea how they would all taste together. I tried a cup after getting the package, and just let me say this--

Fennel/anise/caraway seed tea? Sad to say, I think you've met your match.

The sage flavor in the tea seems to coat your mouth, and the honey kicks it up four or five notches. In all honesty, I couldn't really taste the vanilla, but I'm sure it was in there and sure it added to the awesomeness of the drink. All I know is that the flavor stays with you long after you've finished your mug. Even Loraine, who's not the world's biggest tea fan, thought the taste was amazing.

So there you go. I'll admit it. I bought more tea than chocolate from a company in Europe. I hope you don't think any less of me, and I (really) hope that I'm not, you know, becoming an adult or something along those lines for doing so. But if that's the case; well, then it might have been worth it.

The sage/honey/vanilla tea is THAT good.


No comments:

Post a Comment