Friday, September 13, 2019

Friday, 9/13 (!)


Since I've been talking about food the past couple of days, I might as well wrap up the week the very same way, right?

Instead, though, of the joyous tale of getting food from Germany, perhaps you'd like to join Loraine and me in a moment of silence, as one of our favorite pre-packaged Thais foods is no more.

RIP, Thai Cashew Curry--



It's a shame. This was a really yummy food. You stuck it in the microwave for 60 seconds, tossed it over some brown rice, and it was pretty much a meal in itself. Sadly, though, the company that produces it must've decided that it needed a market base bigger than Loraine and me, and has discontinued production of it.

Sob.

Once we found out the company was no longer making it and that it wasn't available at the Co-op we went online to see if we could stock up on some. All we found was someone on Amazon selling a 10-pack for almost a hundred bucks, and considering that each bag usually sold for three bucks, we passed. Now, we've eaten our last servings and, sadly, will never experience the joy of ripping open a bag again.

Sob.

It's actually kind of funny how some people get so attached to a certain product, and then have their hearts ripped out when that product is no longer around. I know it's happened to me several times in the past few years (mostly involving foods from the Marquette Food Co-op, which I'm hoping isn't an omen for things like that papaya poppy-seed salad dressing or those single servings of Feta cheese I like so much), and each time I almost find myself mourning the situation. I mean, it's strange—it's only food, and in the case of the cashew curry the company DID introduce a product that's kinda sorta like it. But something still feels...hollow about not being able to enjoy the Thai Cashew Curry from a bag. I'm sure that, if I really wanted to, I actually could try recreating the dish myself, but you know what?

It just wouldn't be the same.

So thanks, Thai Cashew Curry, for several years of joy and stomach-filling yumminess. We will miss you greatly, and hope you have a great life in that Great Recycling Bin in the sky.

8-)

On that note, have yourself a great weekend. And may some yummy Thai (or any kind of) food fall into your life soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment