Friday, September 27, 2019

Friday, 9/27


I only have a few minutes, as I have to be at NMU for a tech rehearsal for all the new people working on “High School Bowl” this year (we start shooting next Friday!) but before I go I wanted to say one thing--

Thanks.

It's now been four days since I was the subject of that profile on “Word On The Street”, and I've just been overwhelmed by the response that it's gotten. When I agreed to do it I didn't even give it a second thought. Since Monday, though, the number of e-mails, texts, phone calls, Facebook messages, people stopping me on the street, texts to Loraine's phone from people SHE knows, and even old-fashioned pieces of snail mail has just stunned me I mean, all I did was answer a few questions and tell a few stories about how dorky I was (am, actually).

I had no idea people would actually read it, much less care about it. Wow.

So thank you. Thank you for taking a few minutes out of your life to check it out, and thank you for taking a few more minutes out of your life to let me know what you thought about it. I've spent the rare few minutes of free time I've had this week just contemplating the outpouring of sentiment following the article's posting, and I still can't believe it. I really can't.

But thanks for it. It means more than you might even realize. It's has been a freaky few months in my world, what with all the stuff I've been doing, all the people I've met, and all the...strange, bizarre, and amazing things I've been part of. I don't think I've ever had a period of my life like this; I'm sure when (or if) things ever settle down I'll be stunned by it all. But for now, just let me reuse a phrase I mentioned several times in the profile.

I guess I really DO lead a charmed life.

8-)



No comments:

Post a Comment