Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Tuesday, 10/23


Yes, I once took a picture of a winter scene and was happy with it. I hope you don't think any less of me.

I received several joking notes from people yesterday following my posting of a picture I took on my phone a couple of winters ago. Specifically, this picture--





Given my proclaimed lack of love for winter, you guys were surprised that I would even include a winter picture among the samples I put up, but think of it this way. I live in Marquette, where there can be snow on the ground six months out of the year. I'd be surprised if I DIDN'T have pictures with snow in them.

I don't post a lot of pictures of snow for a couple of reasons. One, I don't like looking at snow, and at least personally, I don't think shots of snow look as nice as shots of sun & green& heat. And two, I don't take as many pictures during winter as I do during summer. I don't have a camera with me everywhere I go, and I don't head out for afternoon jaunts to shoot whatever I see like I do during the summer.

After all, I like having frostbite-free fingers and toes.

I do, however, take some pictures during winter. Mostly, they're for the station, usually after a big snow event, and mostly to show just how much of the white crap has fallen. And I do have to admit, that just as with the picture I took with my phone, SOME snow can look nice, especially when framed by something in downtown Marquette, like this--





Or this--





Don't worry. I haven't suddenly, in the time it's taken to write this blog, become a lover of winter. I'm not waiting for the snow to fall so I can go out and take more pictures. I'm not. In fact, I can't wait until the leaves come out and the heat starts to shoot upward in May. But it is nice to know that I may get one or two nice pictures taken in the six or seven months until then.



No comments:

Post a Comment